Awards & Recognition Program
Local NFBPA website may provide an opportunity for members to submit upcoming announcements, promotions, graduations, etc. Nominations and awards may be created for various areas of achievements
Professional Development and Mentoring Resources
As quoted by the NFBPA-Center for Leadership Development, “New leaders must be equipped with the necessary skills to affect change through training, have the ability to discern the lessons of the past through mentoring relationships, and have the opportunity to translate ideas into action through meaningful work experiences.”
As a Local Chapter of the NFBPA we may contribute to the National effort by providing opportunities for mentorship within the organization that extends into the community. Many of the opportunities that exist at the National level are listed here and defined on a Local level that we may propose as a starting point.
Leadership Development Initiatives
A Professional Development Program for Senior-Level Public Servants. Learn more…
Seek interested individuals who would be willing to mentor with potential applicants who are requesting professional guidance
Create application process for Mentors as well as prospective Protégé to gather profile data for proper matching
Create a “Mentor Down” concept to ensure transfer of knowledge at each level from Executive level of experience to reach even our local community high school graduates entering college
Provides an environment of succession planning from a variety of industry experts i.e. Human Resources, Information Technology, Administration, Accounting, etc. through the sharing of knowledge, skills, abilities and wisdom to upcoming professionals. Learn more…
Community outreach host a local student to attend a National or Regional Conference
Provide local academic scholarships for camps, meetings, etc.
Career Center Portal
- Local NFBPA website may provide an opportunity for job postings, career advancement opportunities, etc.
- Professional development job training i.e. resume/portfolio reviews, panel interview discussions, dress for business success, etc.
National’s mission fully governs local the chapters and thus all professional development resources which will fully align with and comport with these objectives.
The mission of the NFBPA is embodied in the organization’s commitment to strengthen the position of Blacks within the field of public administration; to increase the number of Blacks appointed to executive positions in public service organizations; and, to groom and prepare younger, aspiring administrators for senior public management posts in the years ahead.
The NFBPA mission is realized through the pursuit of the following important goals:
- To serve the magnet organization for linking public, private and academic institutions into an effective network to support interdisciplinary communications, management innovation and professional development among Blacks choosing public service careers.
- To provide intensive and rigorous training in critical management areas in response to the specialized needs of Black public sector professionals.
- To identify and groom younger, emerging Black administrators and provide relevant exposure to the challenges and rewards of public service careers.
- To conduct research on selected social and economic issues endemic to Blacks.
- To sponsor and conduct national and regional forums that enable the discussion of timely issues and topical concerns of the Black community.
- To develop and maintain a national information bank on the nation’s growing Black public administrative leadership.
- To promote, strengthen and expand the roles of Blacks in all aspects of public administration.